US President Donald Trump said he had been tested for coronavirus on Tuesday night but did not know when the results would be announced.
This information was announced by Mr. Trump during a press conference at the White House on the morning of March 14. He said usually the results will be announced after 1-2 days.
The White House announced on the same day the temperature test of all those close to President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence as a precaution between the Covid-19 epidemic.
“As a precaution, the temperature test will be conducted with anyone who comes close to the president and vice president,” AFP quoted White House spokesman Judd Deere.
President Trump said he was “very likely” to get a coronavirus test after reaching out to a few people who were positive for coronavirus in the past 10 days.
The White House doctor later issued a statement saying Mr. Trump had “no symptoms” so no testing was needed.
Information from the White House doctor and Mr. Trump has faced criticism from many experts who say the US president intentionally lowers the spread of the epidemic and could be a source of spread to many who come into contact with him.
Reporters who attended the press conference of Vice President Mike Pence on March 14 began checking the temperature by a White House doctor.
- Every 15 seconds, 1 person dies of Covid-19 in the world
- The US surpass 5 million coronavirus infections
- 15+ Best Coronavirus Street Graffiti Art Around the World
- WHO updates mask recommendations
- WHO recorded 106,000 new infections globally in 24 hours
- Brazil has most deadly day of epidemic, patients do not have enough breathing machines