What is coronavirus?
Coronavirus are a family of RNA viruses that most often cause disease in animals, and some of them in humans. In humans, the infection usually proceeds in a mild form with symptoms of acute respiratory viral infections without causing serious complications.
What is COVID-19?
COVID ‑ 19 is an infectious disease caused by a new type of coronavirus that a person is believed to have contracted from animals. The exact source of infection has not yet been established.
How does the virus spread?
- Coughing and sneezing
- With handshake
- Through items
The disease is transmitted through small drops released from the patient’s nose or mouth when coughing or sneezing. These drops fall on objects and surfaces surrounding a person. Other people may become infected by touching such objects or surfaces first and then with their eyes, nose, or mouth.
In addition, infection can occur by inhalation of the small drops that are released when a person coughs or sneezes with COVID ‑ 19. For this reason, it is important to stay away from a sick person at a distance of more than 1 meter. The risk of infection through the air is much lower.
In The List: Can I get Coronavirus if I Order Food at Home
What are the symptoms of COVID ‑ 19?
The main symptoms are:
- Increase in body temperature (in> 90% of cases)
- Cough (dry or with a small amount of sputum) in 80% of cases
- Shortness of breath (in 55% of cases)
- Chest sensation (in> 20% of cases)
Rare symptoms (at the onset of the disease can occur without fever)
- Headaches (8%)
- Hemoptysis (5%)
- Diarrhea (3%)
- Nausea, vomiting
In most people (about 80%), the disease ends in recovery, with no specific therapeutic measures required. In about one in six cases of COVID-19, severe symptoms occur with the development of respiratory failure.
In older people, as well as people with chronic diseases, such as arterial hypertension, heart disease or diabetes, the likelihood of a severe course of the disease is higher.
In the presence of elevated body temperature, coughing and shortness of breath, an ambulance should be urgently called (103 from a mobile phone).
How to protect the elderly?
The main task is to isolate them from crowded places :
- If possible, send your loved ones to the cottage before the summer (there is a likelihood that the epidemic will subside with the arrival of heat, since the virus is unstable under the influence of ultraviolet radiation).
- Stock up on medicines that your loved ones take all the time (from pressure, diabetes, and so on) to prevent them from going to the pharmacy.
- Arrange delivery of food and other necessary things home .
- If you need to visit public places – call a taxi or use your personal transport .
- In case of symptoms of malaise – be sure to call an ambulance (103 from your mobile). In the elderly, viral diseases often go away without temperature and in a more lubricated form, so even try to respond promptly to mild symptoms of SARS.
7 rings Animals animals picture animals song animals video Apple Mask Ariana Grande celebrities Coronavirus coronavirus Animals coronavirus infections Coronavirus News Updates Coronavirus Pneumonia coronavirus survive on money Covid-19 Covid-19 coronavirus infection in the United States is highest in the world cute animals list Dua Lipa Dua Lipa Songs Experience Happiness Fashion Wardrobe In 2020 films Foods Funny Moments Funny People Funny things health How to Wear Medical Mask to Protect Coronavirus Jennifer Lopez Lady Gaga life hacks list of animals with pictures Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) parasite movie netflix Photos of Animals President Donald Trump Sophisticated Movies Stranger Things Strange Things Taylor Swift Thank u next Things That Never Happened Tricks To Help You Unusual things wardrobe clothes
- 20+ Little-Known Facts About Bill Gates – Life Lessons from Billionaire Bill Gates
Most people know about Bill Gates only that he founded Microsoft, invented Windows operating system and made billions of dollars from it. And also the fact that he and his wife are spending the same billions on charity. But in the biography of one of the richest people on the planet there are other interesting facts about which almost no one knows. For example, in his youth, instead of a normal dinner, he licked the powder of an instant drink from his hand, because he did not want to waste precious time mixing it with water.
Bill Gates turns 65 on October 28. In honor of his birthday, we at Bright Side read dozens of interviews with a computer genius and snatched 20+ little-known facts about him.
- William Henry Gates III (real name Bill Gates) was born on October 28, 1955. His father was a lawyer, his mother was on the board of directors of a financial holding company, and his grandfather was vice president of the National Bank. He has 2 sisters – the older Christie and the younger Libby.
- Gates learned programming at age 13. At 18, he entered Harvard, but dropped out a year later to start Microsoft with childhood friend Paul Allen. The company signed its first major contract when Bill was 21. At 31, Bill became the youngest billionaire in the world. And after another 8 years he received the title of the richest man and remained so from 1995 to 2007.
- In 2020, Forbes magazine estimated the fortune of Bill Gates at $ 98 billion. He is ranked 2nd in the ranking of the richest people in the world, behind Amazon founder Jeff Bezos.
- On January 1, 1994, Gates married Melinda French, who was a marketing manager at Microsoft. The wedding ceremony took place on a golf course on the Hawaiian island of Lanai. The couple have 3 children: daughters Jennifer and Phoebe Adele and son Rory.
- Bill Gates owns a lot of real estate. So, he owns a house on the lake with an area of 6 130 sq. m in Medina, Washington. The price of the house is about $ 80 million. In addition, Gates has his own tropical island in Belize, which is estimated at about $ 25 million.
- Also, the billionaire is the owner of an extensive collection of works of art, including works by Leonardo da Vinci. His collection is valued at $ 130 million. According to Wealth-X, Gates has nearly $ 14 billion in cash that has been raised in salaries, bonuses, investment dividends, and so on.
- Bill Gates is known not only as the founder of Microsoft, but also as a generous philanthropist who donates billions of dollars to charities. For his Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation alone, he and his wife donated about $ 38 billion. The main goals of the foundation are to improve health care and reduce extreme poverty around the world.
- In his youth, Bill was so passionate about his work (creating software) that he often skip meals. The future billionaire didn’t want to spend even a couple of minutes mixing an instant orange-flavored drink with water. Instead, he sprinkled powder on his hand and licked it off. “You have to put it in a cup of water, stir it, then drink it. But you can skip the stage with water, because your body already has water. So just lick the powder off your hand, ” said the Microsoft co-founder.
- Then, in his youth, Bill Gates refused to listen to music and watch TV for 5 years. “It sounds crazy, but I did so, as I understand, it’s just to distract me from thinking about the software,” – said he once.
- In 1979, when Gates first started making big money at his company, he first paid off his $ 150,000 mortgage. Then he bought a luxury Porsche 911 car. was driving at high speed. Fortunately, I didn’t kill myself then, ”Gates said.
- Gates admits that in the early period of his management of Microsoft, he reacted rather harshly to any mistakes of his employees. “I was definitely not nice when I was running Microsoft,” Gates said in an interview. And he added that no one forced employees to stay at Microsoft if they suddenly felt they could not succeed in such a stressful work environment.
- Interestingly, Gates often sent his employees critical and sarcastic emails. Microsoft employees called such letters from their boss “fire mail.”
- Bill Gates also kept track of which employees worked the longest. “I knew the license plates of all my employees. I looked at the parking lot and saw when people came and when they left, ”- said Gates in an interview.
- Recall that Bill Gates stepped down as CEO of his company in 2000, fully focusing on charity. And in March 2020, he left the board of directors of Microsoft.
- Gates is known as a voracious reader. “On average, I try to read one book a week. And I always take a whole bag of books with me on vacation, ” he said in an interview with Time.
- In 2020, during a period of worldwide social distancing, Gates likes to while away the time playing online bridge with his longtime billionaire friend Warren Buffett.
- Bill Gates and his wife Melinda in leisure time love to watch movies, go to the cinema, with kayaking and playing Pickleball ( pickleball ). Besides tennis and pickleball, the Gates family enjoys playing a board game called The Settlers of Catan.
- Bill and Melinda did not buy cell phones for their children until they were 14 years old. “Although they complained that other children have been walking around with phones for a long time,” Gates said .
- Bill Gates said he would not leave his entire legacy to the children. “I definitely think that leaving children with huge amounts of money is wrong, it will not do them any good. Some people disagree with this, but Melinda and I think it’s right. “
- Gates once admitted that he likes to wash dirty dishes.
- The billionaire dresses quite simply and can dine at McDonald’s without hesitation. “I don’t like spending a lot of money on clothes or jewelry,” he says. But what Gates considers a necessary luxury is the ability to fly in a private jet.
- Bill Gates can afford to wear the most expensive watch in the world. But he remains a fan of Casio watches. He previously wore a $ 10 Casio Illuminator Sports Digital watch, and in 2019, Gates was spotted wearing a $ 42 Casio Quartz Diver.
- Bill Gates does not know foreign languages. “I feel stupid about this. Although in high school I studied Latin and Greek and even got A’s. I think this knowledge helps my vocabulary. But I would like to know French, Arabic or Chinese. I still hope that someday I will have time to learn at least one of them. And, most likely, French, because it is the simplest, ”the billionaire said.
- Bill Gates was asked on Reddit, “If you found $ 40,000 on the sidewalk, would you raise it?” The billionaire replied : “Since our foundation spends $ 1,000 to save each life, I would take the money. After all, that would be enough to save 40 lives, which is very important. “
- Gates has paid over $ 6 billion in taxes. “I’ve paid more taxes than anyone else and I’m very happy about it.”
- One of Gates’ favorite films is the thriller “Spy Games” (2001) starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. “I’ve watched it 12 times. It’s such a smart movie,” said Bill Gates.
- Gates has 2 dogs – Oreo and Neilla. “I spend less time with dogs than with children, but I really like them. Especially when they don’t bark at night and don’t eat what they shouldn’t eat. “
- To the question “What life lesson have you learned the hard way?” Gates replied , “Don’t stay up too late. Even if the book is really interesting. You will regret it in the morning. I am still working on this problem. “
How do you feel about Bill Gates and his activities?
Photo by JEFF PACHOUD / AFP / East News
- 15+ Wedding Cakes That Guests Will Remember More Than Celebration Itself
We all know that wedding very important with all of us. That is why the bride and groom choose and think over the holiday cake so carefully, and thanks to their efforts, such masterpieces appear, which seem to be the very place in the museum.
We at Happy Worthy Life decided to present you cakes that literally riveted the attention of guests at the wedding. And with a bonus, we’ll show you what happens if you try to save on delivery.
I’m getting married today, and I made our wedding cake! Layers of pumpkin and apple spice cake, maple cream cheese frosting, fresh fruit and herbs, candied spiced pecans and pumpkin seeds. It’s only going to be shared with like four people but I wanted to go all out.
“This cake is 100% edible.”
We added our son’s initials to the bottom tier of the cake. © MrsHReddits / Reddit
“Our wedding cake turned out better than we could have imagined!”
“My wife and I decided to pamper ourselves and order such a cake”
So this is how the coolest cakes are made
“The best cake I’ve ever seen”
“Top decoration for our wedding cake. Shrek was found for my Fiona! “
“Icing cake my dad made for his granddaughter’s wedding.”
Our wedding cake for our rock n roll wedding, made by my amazing wife – she didn’t trust anyone else to make it! Our daughter is represented at the top.
“The cake we made together with my fiance”
“Little dog eating cake”
“My wife is so cool, almost 8 years ago she let this be our wedding cake.”
“A cake with a decoration I made with rainbow tiers inside the cake.”
“The cake I made for my cousin”
“I think you all will love the top of my cake.”
“My best friends cake, they got married last year on Halloween”
Bonus: Just driving the wedding cake in the back of a pickup
What unusual wedding cakes have you seen?
Photo by credit Grillos / Reddit