Now they are advised to wear not only sick.
WHO Director-General Tedros Hebreyusus, at a new briefing on COVID-19, announced new recommendations for the prevention of coronavirus. Here are the main points:
- Doctors and other medical staff should always wear masks, regardless of whether they work with infected coronavirus infections or not.
- People over 60 years of age, as well as those who have chronic diseases, are advised to wear masks wherever it is impossible to maintain physical distance.
- The governments of the countries should encourage the wearing of masks in any places where it is impossible to maintain physical distance, especially for public transport and shops.
- Those with symptoms similar to coronavirus infection should stay at home. All who contacted him should be quarantined.
- If a sick person or someone who has contacted him needs to leave the house, he must wear a mask.
- WHO considers masks to be of high quality, which consist of three layers of different materials or more.
Previously, the WHO spoke only about the need to wear masks for patients who were ill, because there was insufficient data (apart from clinical studies, which many experts consider to be of little relevance to real life).
- Every 15 seconds, 1 person dies of Covid-19 in the world
- The US surpass 5 million coronavirus infections
- 15+ Best Coronavirus Street Graffiti Art Around the World
- WHO updates mask recommendations
- WHO recorded 106,000 new infections globally in 24 hours