How to Cook Healthy Fast Food Without Leaving Your Home . Many fast food dishes are healthier if you cook them at home. Due to lack of time, cooks have to work with semi-finished products, and at home you can use only fresh products. But the employees of catering establishments have something to surprise – from the methods of pickling french fries and eggs to the recipe for pancakes without yeast and kefir.
Homemade Juicy Burgers
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 400 g of fresh turkey meat (grind into minced meat) and packaging of bacon
- 1 head of red onion, 2 pickles, 2 large tomatoes
- 200 g cheddar cheese
- 4 round burger buns
- salt, spices to taste
I used Chef Frank Proto’s homemade burger recipe as the basis , but not all products were found in the nearest store. For example, Frank advises taking a sliced cheese münster, and the minced meat should be made from boneless brisket. But in conditions of limited choice, the main thing is to take fresh meat and natural cheese, which gives such a creamy texture when melted:
How to cook: we make cutlets of a certain shape from the meat, as Frank does , so that the meat is evenly fried. First, fry the bacon without oil, remove it and put the cutlets in the same pan with the flat side down. Right before laying out they need to be salted. Without pressing, fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes. Cut the onion, cover it with a patty on top and add a little salt like this:
Turn over and fry on the other side for 2-3 minutes. At this time, we cut the cucumber and slices of tomato. Put 1-2 slices of cheese on the cutlet and leave it in the pan for another 2-3 minutes – the cheese should melt and cover the cutlet like a blanket . Fry the bun separately.
We assemble the burger as a constructor: put the cutlet on the half of the bun with the onion down, put 1-2 pieces of fried bacon, sliced pickles and tomato on top of the cheese, a little onion and cover with the other half of the bun. Done!
- Do not believe the recommendations that it is better to bake the burger whole in the oven : it will lose its taste, and vegetables will lose their bright color, freshness and shape.
- Any oil burns quickly when frying, so it is better to take animal fat.
- Do not salt minced meat , otherwise it will turn out watery. The meat patty is salted only immediately before frying.
- Try unusual combinations: beef patty, cheese, lingonberry jam and pickled cucumbers or pork chop, cheese, arugula and sweet cream cheese .
Crispy Wings and French Fries
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1.5 kg of potatoes
- cooking oil
- 3-4 leaves of ordinary or Chinese cabbage, a little parsley
- 1 kg of fresh chicken wings
- soy sauce, wine sauce
- 400 g flour
- red pepper, paprika, black pepper, ginger, chili pepper, oregano and basil, salt
The dish prepared according to the main recipe of the KFC brand chef seemed bland, so I stole a couple of ideas from the blogger’s recipe Quang Tran. She decided to make french fries according to the method of the chef Palak Patel , which pickles him in advance.
Preparation: we cut the potatoes, wash them in cold water and put them in salt water (1 liter of 5–6 tablespoons of salt) with parsley, cover them with cabbage leaves, cover and put them in a cool, dry place for 2-3 days. We cut chicken wings along the joints into 3 parts, we do not use the tips of the wing. In 150 ml of water add 1-2 tbsp. l oil, the same amount of black and red pepper and chili pepper, 1 tbsp. l ginger and some salt. In this mixture, leave the meat overnight in the refrigerator. The process of preparing the marinade looks like this:
How to cook: put the potatoes in a colander so that the glass is excess liquid. Heat the oil to 160 ° and place the potatoes in it for 5 minutes. We take it out and put it on paper towels, then heat the oil to 190 ° C and return the potatoes to it for a minute. After we spread the finished dish on paper towels, sprinkle with salt, herbs and serve.
Simultaneously with potatoes, you can cook wings. We pour 500 ml of water in one dish, in another we mix flour until a homogeneous mixture, 2 tbsp. l salt, 1-2 tbsp. l different spices, add a little oregano and basil. We heat the oil to 160–170 ° С. We put the chicken in the flour mixture and turn it over so that the topping evenly covers the meat, then we lower the meat into the water and wait for all the air bubbles to come out. We return to the mixture, turn it over several times in it and put in oil for 10-15 minutes. We put the finished wings on paper towels, wait a couple of minutes and serve.
- How to understand that the oil has warmed up? Touch it with a dry wooden spatula : if the temperature is high, tiny bubbles will appear around the spatula.
- The more potatoes or wings you put in a pan with butter, the more butter they absorb, they become greasy. In addition, the cooking time and the likelihood that the meat is poorly baked will increase.
- Each time, taking food out of hot oil, use a slotted spoon to remove burnt residues before immersing the next portion for roasting.
- It is better to fry in olive oil or in sunflower oil with the addition of olive.
In the list: 15 People Shared Win-Win Foods Recipes Easy
Homemade shawarma with the same sauce
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 300 g of chicken (it is better to take only fillet)
- 1 onion, 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 10–12 cherry tomatoes, 180 g cabbage, fresh cucumber, pickles and lemon
- 250 ml sour cream and 150 ml ryazhenka
- olive oil, soy sauce
- sugar, salt and spices: suneli hop, paprika, curry, coriander, black pepper
- 2 pita leaves
Preparation: mix 2 tbsp. soy sauce, 100 g sour cream and 2 cloves of chopped garlic. Put chicken in this marinade, cover with cling film and leave overnight.
We prepare the sauce according to the recipe of Alexei Morozov, but instead of mayonnaise, I added a little more sour cream and ryazhenka, 1 tsp. olive oil and a pinch of black pepper. Leave in the refrigerator for the night.
How to cook: We baked chicken on the grill in the oven. We cut off the edges of pita bread. We spread the filling on it: first onion, then meat, a little more onion, followed by cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes and sauce on top. We wrap the shawarma and fry it a little in a grill pan until crisp.
- When choosing pickled or pickled cucumbers, it is better to give preference from natural fermentation – they do not contain acetic acid.
- Shawarma will turn out tastier if the meat is baked in foil or on the wire rack in the oven in the “grill” mode.
Healthy ramen from instant noodles
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 packs of instant noodles
- 2 boiled eggs
- chicken stock (I made from leftover chicken wings)
- 1 onion, 1 small carrot, 1 clove of garlic, green onion
- ginger, soy sauce
- rice wine and rice vinegar (optional)
- 80 g kimchi (optional) and tofu (can be replaced with fried meat)
Good ramen cooks quickly, has a rich taste and high calorie content. In Asia, some of the ingredients are prepared in advance, so that at the right moment you can simply warm the broth, brew the noodles and season the dish with additives and sauce. So, how to cook a delicious “Doshirak”? Step 1: marinate the eggs to add healthy protein to the dish and give a rich taste.
Preparation: boil chicken eggs and pickle if desired – put in a solution of 1/3 rice vinegar, 1/3 rice wine and 1/3 soy sauce. We put in the refrigerator for the night. I also separately marinated tofu with black pepper in soy sauce, then fried it. Then proceed to step 2 – cooking the noodles themselves.
How to cook: bring the broth to a boil, add finely chopped onions and cubes of carrots to it, cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes. At the same time, fry a little grated ginger and garlic in pan and fry dry instant noodles. We wash noodles under cold water – so it retains elasticity and does not swell.
The last step. We spread ramen on a plate: first, hot oil with ginger and noodles, mix well, then pour the broth with vegetables, add tofu, a little green onion and decorate with halves of pickled eggs. I added some kimchi for spiciness.
You can do without broth and just fry the cooked noodles in oil with ginger, soy sauce, garlic and meat (a similar dish was in the film “Parasites” ), it turns out like this:
- Almost any ramen tastes better if you add soft-boiled eggs to it or just mix them lightly and add to boiling broth.
- Different types of broths are made for ramen: fish, meat or based on fish concentrate and dried seaweed. There are unusual combinations: try boiling ramen in coconut milk with hot chili peppers and sesame seeds or simply chop nori seaweed into a broth before brewing the noodles.
- You can make the taste more saturated by adding a little miso paste , cream cheese or sprinkled with lemon juice to the finished ramen .
What fast food dishes have you tried to cook at home? Which result did you get?
- 11 Familiar Foods That Best Bought Only Frozen
- How to Cook Healthy Fast Food Without Leaving Your Home
- 15 Unusual Products for Us That Can Be Seen in Foreign Supermarkets
- 10+ Best Cooking Hacks from Internet Surprise You
- How to Buy Food in Pandemic and Whether it is Worth Disinfecting Vegetables and Fruits: Advice From Microbiologist