This collection of 20+ rare historical photos has been carefully chosen because of their importance in history. Each one of these iconic images has helped shape our history and alter the world which we live in. They are some of the most powerful and influential images ever captured by some of the most famous photographers in history. We hope you enjoy that.
1. Men stand beside the giant chain links that were hand-forged for Titanic’s Hingley-anchor. The largest at that time.
2. A view inside one of the Titanic’s first class suites (1912).
3. Lifeboats taking the survivors of Titanic away from the heart-wrenching spectacle.
4. Albert Einstein at the opening of World’s fair, New York,1939.
5. Nazi gold stored in Merkers Salt Mine.
6. Women having stockings painted on rather than buying during War time.
7. The American Red Cross workers collecting victims of the flu in St. Louis, Missouri (1918).
8. Gen. John Pershing awards Sgt. Stubby with a gold medal in 1921. Stubby served in 17 battles and fought in four major Allied offensives during World War I.
9. Siberian Bear-Hunting Armor 1800s.
10. Soviet nurse tending to babies left to sleep outside for ‘cold therapy’ to build their immune system.
11. Ice-cold whiskey dispenser from 1950s for a short period, these were very popular in many office buildings across America.
12. A man armed with a machine gun sits at the Cook County jail during the 1919 Chicago race riots.
13. A US Army sergeant driving a DeLackner DH-4, 1950s innovation.
14. Obama and mum, Halloween 1963.
15. Hindenburg Zeppelin takes shape 1932.
16. Hindenburg disaster on the 6th of May 1937. German passenger airship LZ 129 Hindenburg caught fire and was destroyed during its attempt to dock with its mooring mast at Naval air station Lakehurst.
17. American soldier rescuing two Vietnamese children during a gun battle.
18. Stan Lee and friends 1970s.
19. The 7 men behind Chucky 1990.
20. Franz Rechelt, Austrian-born French tailor, inventor and parachuting pioneer who jumped to his death while testing a wearable parachute of his design from the Eiffel Tower top.
21. Queen Elizabeth II’s first visit to Nigeria in 1956, from the 28th of January to the 16th of February, 1956.
22. A look inside the original Harley-Davidson motorcycle factory 1924.
Which historical photos do you like the most? Comment with us.