Summer is great! We’ll always have summer. But no one is safe from heat and dust, but not everyone has the same chance of being bitten by mosquitoes.
We analyzed what kind of people mosquitoes love the most. And at the end of the article we placed recommendations on how to protect yourself from annoying insects.
What kind of people mosquitoes especially like
Mosquitoes have their own top favorites. When choosing, they focus not only on the blood group , but also on clothing preferences, activity level and other factors.
1. Lovers of dark clothes
Oddly enough, mosquitoes are finicky in our wardrobe. They prefer to “hunt” for lovers of black and dark shades. If you go on a forest trip or marshland, choose outfits of light shades. This will not protect you from bites completely, but they will attack you much less often.
Mosquitoes are more likely to bite the poor man, who managed to catch a cold in the midst of the hot season. This is because these insects are able to determine the metabolic rate and body temperature. The higher it is, the more likely it is to get a bite.
With lovers of a healthy lifestyle, mosquitoes work the same principle as described in the previous paragraph. In athletes, metabolism is accelerated: the temperature rises , and lovers of healthy lifestyle turn into a tasty trick. Let’s not forget that the bloodsucker attracts the smell of sweat.
Insects are sensitive to carbon dioxide, which is released when we spend energy (for example, running or working in the garden). The more energetic you are, the more mosquitoes attract.
Ladies in the summer will have a little more difficult. They seem blood-sucking more attractive than women who are not going to become mothers in the foreseeable future. The fact is that pregnant women have a higher temperature. They have rapid breathing, which means that more carbon dioxide is released.
6. People with a large body mass index
How to reduce mosquitoes bite to enjoy in the summer
- Cover your legs and head. These parts of the body mosquitoes like, because they have more sweat glands.
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell perfume can protect you from mosquitoes. As part of the experiment, scientists used them to attract insects (previously it was believed that insects respond to floral aromas). Very surprised of scientists when it turned out that this perfume better protected against mosquito attacks than a number of repellents!
- Brush the plate with oil and place it in the room – mosquitoes will be on it.
- Try to be indoors at dawn and dusk. At this time of day, mosquitoes are most active .
- Change the water more often . Stagnant water is a favorite habitat for mosquitoes, so change it in a timely manner in children’s pools, buckets and other containers.
- The electronic song “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites” reduces host attack and mating success in the dengue vector Aedes aegypti
- Choose places for walking wisely: mosquitoes find it harder to fly with a wind of 0.44 m / s or more. A picnic in an open area or in the mountains will attract fewer mosquitoes than in a lowland.
- If you are indoors, direct the flow of air from the air conditioner or fan to the lower body. Mosquitoes fly close to the ground to avoid wind. Artificial wind at the bottom of the room will prevent their appearance.
And how do you escape from mosquitoes?