Italian officials have announced large-scale restrictions in the northern regions in an effort to control Europe’s largest coronavirus outbreak.
- 20 Cool Things People Found at Local Second Hand for a Penny
- Great workout for a great Saturday
- American raises a record nearly 50,000 Covid-19 cases in a day
- 25 Evidence That There is No Force More Destructive Than a Child
- 20+ Rare Photos of Elizabeth II Which the Royal Family No Hurry to Share
The number of new strains of corona virus infection in Italy has increased from 5 in the morning of February 21 to more than 130 in the morning of February 23, and there are now at least 152 people positive for the virus, according to official figures.
Italy is the most infectious country outside of Asia. The majority of infections are concentrated in mainland China (more than 78,000), followed by Japan (738) and South Korea (602).
Italy also confirmed three people died from the virus causing the disease, officially named Covid-19.
Most cases have been reported in northern Italy, including 110 in Lombardy, where Milan is the capital, according to Angelo Borrelli, head of the country’s Citizens’ Protection.
During a press conference on February 23, he said 26 patients were being treated at the intensive care unit and one was discharged, according to CNN.
Officials have yet to find the first person infected with the virus in the country, called “Patient No. 0”. “We have yet to identify patient number 0, so it is difficult to predict the number of new cases,” said Borrelli.
Strict emergency measures were introduced over the weekend, including a ban on public events in 10 cities, following a sharp increase in the number of cases in Lombardy and Veneto.
Italian Health Minister Roberto Speranza announced strict restrictions in the affected areas, including the closure of public buildings, traffic restrictions, supervision and isolation of individuals who may have been in contact with. virus.
The Venice Carnival, a carnival of makeup and street parades in Venice, was halted because of an outbreak, according to Luca Zaia, governor of Veneto. Two of the region’s 25 infections are in Venice, the world famous tourist destination.
Fashion and sports activities are also affected. Italy’s top soccer league, Serie A, has canceled at least three scheduled matches to be held in Lombardy and Veneto.
Meanwhile, fashion houses Giorgio Armani and Laura Biagiotti said they would hold the show on February 23, within the framework of Milan Fashion Week, in a closed room with no audience.
- 7 Types of People That Mosquitoes Simply AdoreSummer is great! We'll always have summer. But no one … Read more
- 20 Exercises And Stretches for Your Low Back PainLow back pain is one of the most common conditions, … Read more
- 20 Heroes Who Lost Weight And Became Completely Different PeopleOverweight often leads to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, impaired functioning of the musculoskeletal … Read more
- 5 things you should not do right after the end of self-isolationYou should not hope that life will immediately return to … Read more
- The WHO director announced that he would independently evaluate Covid-19Dr. Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director, said that he would make … Read more
- 35 Free Online Courses Will Help You From Consequences of Sedentary LifestyleMany believe that in order to find the figure of … Read more