Each book is a small journey, melting away with new experiences and knowledge. And behind any of them are hundreds of incredible, at first glance, facts about the plot, heroes and the author of the book. It’s hard to believe, but in fact Snow White was the wife of 7 dwarfs, and Gogol loved to throw bread crumbs into the dishes – the teachers in schools would not tell about such petty hooliganism.
Happy Worthy Life, together with one of the largest book subscription services MyBook, offers you to guess which statements below are true and which ones are false. Some clues can be found by clicking on the links in the statements.
The story “Frankenstein, or Modern Prometheus” was written by a 19-year-old girl
2. Oscar Wilde tore a piece of every page he wrote, and then ate it
3. Instead of bedtime stories: most often people prefer to listen to audio books before going to bed
4. The first kill on the Orient Express train happened 10 years before the book of Agatha Christie was published
5. The most popular e-book in the MyBook app in 2019 – “JUST SEN” by Jen Sincero
6. Most of all, Edgar Allan Poe earned on the sale of a textbook on seashells.
7. Actually, “Snow White” is an old Chinese fairy tale from a collection released in the middle of the IX century
8. The most read and best-selling book after the Bible and “Quote from Chairman Mao” is “Harry Potter.”
9. Thanks to modern e-books you can learn speed reading
10. In the family of Ray Bradbury was a real Salem witch, who magically managed to avoid execution
11. In 1994, Bill Gates paid more than $ 30 million for the oldest Bible in the world.
12. What is a MyBook?
MyBook is a convenient service of electronic and audio books, the largest among book subscription services in Russia and the CIS countries.
Other features of MyBook:
- the ability to make bookmarks and notes, save quotes and create your own “shelf”;
- reading statistics, thanks to which you learn your reading speed, you can track the number of books read and the time spent on it;
- smart recommendation system that will offer interesting new books, focusing only on your preferences and tastes;
- ready-made collections of books for different moods, seasons and on current topics, book recommendations of famous bloggers and writers;
- 49 thousand free books (classic and samizdat);
- 2 weeks of free reading without a limit after issuing a premium subscription.