The proverb “miser pays twice” justifies itself even in times of economic crisis. It is clear that there are quite obvious things to save. For example, you shouldn’t spare money on medical care, shoes, insurance, and dental services. And the cost of education will more than pay for itself in the future.
We at Happy Worthy Life figured out in which cases saving is inappropriate. We studied the opinions of Internet users and made a list of things that are really worth spending money on.
Dishes and bedding
Not only what we eat is important for health, but also what we cook in. Scientists believe that even the “safest” dishes in the world can be harmful if not cleaned properly . Care needs depend on the composition of the kitchen utensils and should be considered when purchasing.
When it comes to bedding, bedroom furnishings are a major contributor to the quality of our sleep and wellbeing throughout the day. Your bed, mattress, and pillow can greatly affect sleep quality and joint or back pain. Try to buy a high quality bedding — including a mattress — every 5–8 years.
- It is worth spending a little more money on things that you use all the time and bring either comfort, enjoyment or pleasure to your life. The best bedding you can afford (mattress, duvet, pillows, sheets). You will spend one third of your life in bed. Cutlery and cookware. You will need to eat every day and possibly cook every day. Garrick Saito / quora
If you spend a lot of time at your computer, you probably know how important it is to have the right monitor. Old-fashioned screens can cause noticeable flickering, which is a major cause of eye strain.
- The computer monitor must be of good quality. Are there many days in your life when you did not use a computer? Garrick Saito / quora
Of course, charity is everyone’s personal business, but it has long been known that caring for others makes you feel happier. So it is better to do good for others for your own good, at least to the extent possible.
- Try to help the less fortunate, and see for yourself how amazing it is. There is nothing more important in the world than changing the lives of other people for the better. Youssef Mokhtar / quora
Obviously, even the most durable accessory is not able to withstand with nature in the form of hurricanes or heavy showers. It is better to purchase of a model with an anti-wind system.
- Buy an umbrella that will protect you from bad weather, rust and turn inside out in strong winds. When it comes to design, it’s best to choose a basic, neutral color. Also, make sure you have a storage case. It is also convenient if the bag contains a clip or loop for carrying an accessory. If you’re buying an umbrella as a gift, be conservative in the color or design that you pick, especially if you don’t know the recipient’s tastes. You may like cats, but Uncle George may not like pictures of kitties all over his umbrella. A basic, neutral color such as black or gray is the best choice. Zinenko Alina / quora
There are several important rules that should be followed when buying women’s wardrobe. The most important thing is the material from which the bra is made. If you’re wearing a poorly fitting bra, you’re not supporting your bosoms, which which puts more strain on your upper back and neck muscles.
Glasses and contact lenses
Your eyes so important to saving. Remember that.
Because of that you need to practice a few simple to protect contact lenses. Always wash your hands before handling your contacts and removing them from your eyes. Using the solution, rinse and rub your contact lens gently with your fingertips for about 20 seconds. And
keep your contacts in a case filled with fresh solution. Close the case tightly. Just one flush from a toilet can spray germs into the air with the likelihood of them landing in your contact solution.
A suitcase is not one of those things that we often buy, but its choice should be taken seriously – it will be very unpleasant if something breaks or breaks along the way. In addition, airline employees do not always handle checked baggage with care, so it is better not to skimp on the quality of the material from which the baggage is made.
- Buy a cheap one and you’ll see why after a couple of trips. Expensive products are extremely well made, last a lifetime for the average traveler and probably ten years plus for the heavy frequent traveler, are easy to handle and easy to open and close. In general, crew tend to use certain brands and models. If you look around at crew at airports they often have cases that are quite old simply because they last. In fact it wouldn’t hurt to ask them for advice. Cameron Quinn / quora
Repair is an expensive undertaking, but experts advise against sparing funds for engineering systems and their components. That is for everything that ensures functioning of your home.
- Make a list of all the systems in your home: roof boiler/furnace, water heater, windows, doors, flooring / carpeting, etc. Identify the year they were installed. Get opinions from experts on the life expectancy of each system, along with the probable replacement cost. Walter Edwin / quora
Everyone understands that children are the most precious thing in our life, but sometimes it becomes necessary to ask strangers to look your children. It’s a pity, but not all nannies can be equal to Mary Poppins, and some of the children should not be allowed close. When looking for a good nanny, it is better not to put the question of money first, but to take care of the safety of the baby.
- I was looking for a nanny for my daughter many years ago. There was not much money, so I had to ask an old neighbor to look after the child for a nominal fee. She is a good woman, she has raised her children and even 3 grandchildren, but 77 years is a respectable age. One day a neighbor felt bad when she was at home with my daughter. It’s good that I just got home from work, gave the woman first aid and called an ambulance. Then it dawned on me how much I risked.
Some toys may contain harmful chemicals. In December 2018, the European Commission proposed setting limits for formaldehyde and published the Toy Safety Directive. The new requirement will come into force on May 21, 2021. In the meantime, residents of all countries of the world, not just the EU, should carefully look at the composition of the thing with which little researchers will contact.
Buying household appliances from your hands, you can run into an unscrupulous seller, who will not be able to present any claims later. But even a thing from a store, which is supposedly inexpensive can cost you a tidy sum every month, because the energy consumption class of cheap equipment is usually an order of magnitude lower.
Do you have a list of things that you would not economize on for anything in the world? Share with us?
Photo by depositphotos