On July 24, in New York, an ordinary girl was born into an immigrant family, who was destined to become a star. Although in the case of Jennifer Lopez, fate had nothing to do with it, because she created her life and career with her own hands, thanks to her real fiery character.
We at Happy Worthy Life love this extraordinary woman very much, so we were happy to learn more about her life.
- Jennifer Lopez grew up in a specific area of New York, Bronx, in a large Puerto Rican family. Parts of this area were considered to be the habitat of a criminal public. Parents really wanted to protect their daughter from the bad influence of the street, so she went to a Catholic school, sang in the choir, going to dancing and sports. It was then that the girl realized that dancing is her passion. Growing up, Jennifer’s dance school took part in the evenings, and went to college during the day. She could become a lawyer : it was in this specialty that Lopez studied for a whole semester and even managed to practice in a law firm.
- While attending her final year of high school, Lopez learned about a film casting that was seeking several teenage girls for small roles. She auditioned and was cast in My Little Girl (1986), a low-budget film co-written and directed by Connie Kaiserman. Lopez acted as Myra, a young woman at a center for troubled girls. After she finished filming her role in the film, Lopez realized that she wanted to become a “famous movie star”.
- In 1990, she won a national competition and earned a spot dancing on the popular Fox comedy television series In Living Color as one of the “Fly Girls”. Lopez’s first big break came in 1997 when she was chosen to play the title role in Selena. Lopez earned widespread praise for her performance, including a Golden Globe nomination.
- Lopez’s musical career also began to take off, as she released her debut Latin pop album, On the 6, in June 1999. The album, fueled by the success of her hit single, “If You Had My Love,” went platinum within two weeks, making Lopez — along with Ricky Martin — one of the most influential examples of the growing Latin cultural influence in pop music.
- She has been nominated for the Golden Raspberry Award more than once . However, according to the artist’s stories, this only made her work more on herself.
- But still, for the majority of fans, J. Lo is primarily a singer, whose first albums have sold millions of copies, and bright shows surprise even sophisticated viewers.
- In 2012, Forbes ranked her as the most powerful celebrity in the world, as well as the 38th most powerful woman in the world.
- Time listed her among the 100 most influential people in the world in 2018. Her most successful singles on the US Billboard Hot 100 include: “If You Had My Love”, “I’m Real”, “Ain’t It Funny”, “All I Have”, and “On the Floor”, the lattermost of which is one of the best-selling singles of all time.
- The artist did not come up with the nickname J.Lo herself, it was her fans. So they called her on the street.
- Lopez was briefly married, in 1997, to Ojani Noa, a model and actor. She then had a lengthy and widely publicized relationship with rapper Sean “Puffy” Combs. In December 1999, Combs and Lopez were allegedly involved in a shooting incident outside a New York City nightclub, in which three people were injured. Combs was later charged with gun possession and bribery, as prosecutors claimed he offered his driver, Wardel Fenderson, $50,000 to say that the loaded gun police found at the scene of the crime was Fenderson’s. Combs was acquitted of all charges, and soon confirmed that he and Lopez had separated.
- In the fall of 2002, the star began dating actor Ben Affleck; they announced their engagement in November. Following rumors of the relationship’s demise, the couple broke up in early 2004.
- In 2004, Lopez got married to musician Marc Anthony and gave birth to twins – a son Max and daughter Amy. Later, the artist admitted that she could not get pregnant for a very long time, so she was already desperate to become a mother. She took the birth of children as a real gift from above. The marriage lasted until 2011.
- In 2017, People magazine reported that she began dating former baseball star Alex Rodriguez. The two later opened up about their blossoming romance in the December 2017 issue of Vanity Fair. “I understand him in a way that I don’t think anyone else could, and he understands me in a way that no one else could ever,” said Lopez.
- Lopez once admitted that her most talked about body part was never insured. Buttock insurance is just a media duck, and on the James Corden Show, the singer made that clear.
- For a brief cameo in a charity video, Jennifer Lopez requested white flowers (preferably roses or lilies), white chaise lounges, white chair covers, white candles, white drapes, white sheets and Cuban food.
- One day, the singer spoke about her fear. She cannot sleep without light, as she is terrified of the dark. When Lopez was married to Mark Anthony, she admitted in an interview that her husband had to turn off the lights after she fell asleep.
- In addition to stage activities, Jennifer is engaged in business: she owns a restaurant, a clothing brand, and a personal perfume brand.
- Interestingly, Google Images owes its creation to an actress. In February 2000, the artist came to the Grammy Awards in an unusual green Versace dress with a very revealing neckline. Photos of Lopez on the red carpet took the front pages of newspapers, millions of requests for “Jennifer’s dress” were received on the Internet. It became clear that we needed a service with instant image delivery. It was launched a year after the event. In 2019, the artist appeared at the Versace show in a new dress – a replica of the 2000 outfit. It was made according to modern standards.
How do you feel about J. Lo? Who is she for you: an actress or a singer?