Whether it’s human influence or natural causes, the world is always changing. But we do not always realize this until, for example, we compare two photographs. The physical change that every place goes through leaves a story behind it that is sure to be told.
We have created a collection “before and after pictures” to show you how much our world has changed over time even the smallest change over the years can make a huge difference.
1. Chichen Itza in Mexico in 1892 and now
2. Volcano St. Helens the day before the eruption in 1980 and 4 months after its start
3. Buddha Bamiyan in Afghanistan in 1963 and after its destruction in 2008
4. Des Moines, Iowa in 1868 and now
5. Hong Kong in the 1960s and now
6. Brazilian government headquarters during construction in 1959 and now
7. City of Hammerfest, Finnmark, Norway between 1890 and 1900 And now
8. Old Kent Road, Southwark, London, 1885 and now
9. Stone Bridge in Skopje, North Macedonia, 1876-1900 and now
10. Construction of the embankment on the Sava River, Belgrade, circa 1925 and the embankment today
11. Sunnemune Gate in Seoul, South Korea, 1904 and now
12. Shepard Glacier, USA, in 1913 and 2005
13. Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo, Japan, 1926-45 and Now
14. Oak Street Beach, Chicago, USA, 1925 and now
15. Shanghai, China, in the 1920s and now
16. Main Falls Victoria Falls in 2015 and now
17. Vilnius, Lithuania, between 1915 and 1920 And now
18. National monument in Jakarta, Indonesia, 1963 and 2010
19. Melbourne, Australia, late 1930s and now
20. Obelisk of Buenos Aires during construction in 1936 and now
How has your hometown changed? Which makeover from our collection impressed you the most?
Photo by Wikipedia