While many of us cannot live without our phones and laptops, we are not all well-versed in how to correctly look after our beloved technology. And these tech support workers have shared the worst things they have come across on the job, proving that some people should not be allowed to own top-of-line technology.
We have selected some of the worst offenders in the tech department as shared by the blessed tech support employees who still smile back at us after knowing what gore we just submitted for repair.
1. “Customer describes a ‘slight’ burning smell.”
2. “Don’t use lemonade to clean your mouse. You will simply attract ants … “
3. “What a way to fix the power supply.”
4. Go check the switch closet. We think something might have gotten unplugged somewhere.
5. Somebody managed to shoot an arrow through the power line…
6. “After renovation of the office, they complain that the Internet does not work.”
7. A dove made a nest in the projector in my classroom
8. It’s actually fully functional
9. My friend’s got some network problem
10. Why is my mouse not working
11. I see your nasty network rack, and raise you a whole room!
12. “I saw this in the basement of a mini-mall.”
13. This “Watercooled” PC I found for sale online
14. “This must be the work of a madman.”
15. “How do you get to this point in your life?”
16. One person came up with a unique way to help their co-worker recover files from their broken thumb-drive by soldering the internal technology to a USB cable
17. One tech worker was left doubting their client after they claimed that they had ‘never’ dropped their phone in water – despite the splashes of water found inside the device
18. “It doesn’t turn on when I plug it in.”
19. “I found this on a colleague’s desk.”
20. One tech novice spilt coffee all over their computer and decided to try and fix it by covering it in a rice – in the hope that the grain would absorb the moisture
And another technology novice came up with a bizarre way to cool down their computer system – by attaching a fan below it and hoping for the best.