The largest non-electronic encyclopedia was published in 1403–1408. by order of the Chinese emperor Yongle. It included 11,095 volumes , which contained a brief description of all the books available in the ruler’s library, but less than a tenth of the text has survived to this day. Since that time, mankind has accumulated a huge array of knowledge, which is increasing annually by billions of gigabytes, which gives us the opportunity to learn something new every day.
We at Happy Worthy Life are really passionate about finding new knowledge and are sure that our readers also like to replenish their intellectual arsenal.
- After Botox injections, people are less likely to recognize the emotions of others. Scientists believe that the less emotions reflected on the face of a person, the lower his ability to “read” them from the faces of others.
- People with large eyes are more likely to suffer from myopia than others. According to doctors, this is due to the fact that the size of the eyeball is too large and the light focuses in front of the retina, and not on it.
- A resident of Cyprus Maria Paraskeva all her life wanted to get into the Guinness Book of Records. In 2018, she realized her dream: her veil was about 7 km long , which exceeds the length of 63 football fields.
- A jet of water that hits a solid surface makes different sounds depending on its temperature: the lower it is, the higher the timbre.
- DNA is fire resistant. During the experiment, scientists extracted DNA from herring milk and applied it to a piece of cotton cloth, and then set it on fire. It turned out that the fabric treated in this way is not subject to burning, however, it is too early to talk about serial production. Scientists do not know for sure whether extraneous DNA with flame-retardant clothing will get into the human body, and after washing, such a jacket or pants will become unusable, since the material is afraid of water.
- Heartbeat is the sound of opening and closing valves.
- The longest title of the book, according to the Guinness Book of Records, consists of 3,777 words .
- Modern smartphones have millions of times greater productivity than computers responsible for the Apollo 11 lunar mission. Moreover, even a phone charger is more powerful than them.
- When we sunbathe in the skin cells, the programmed death mechanism is activated . Thus, the body prevents the occurrence of skin cancer, which can cause sunburn.
- In fact, possums do not pretend to be dead, but simply lose consciousness from fear and fall into a kind of coma that can last up to 3 hours. Moreover, so that animals play death as convincingly as possible, their anal gland releases a special secret, the smell of which resembles a cadaveric one.
- Beavers can be under water for 15 minutes without surfacing. In addition, these animals have transparent eyelids, which allow them to see perfectly during scuba diving.
- The shortest name for science ending in -logy is oology , which studies the eggs of birds.
- There is no water in the camel humps . In fact, they store reserves of fat, which give them energy during prolonged fasting. The water they need during periods of drought is stored right in the blood of these unusual creatures.
- Referees serving tennis matches during Wimbledon have a list of obscene words in different languages. The use of such vocabulary during the game is prohibited, and for violation of this rule the referee may impose a fine on the player.
- By the way, there are about 800 swear words in Latin , and about 20 in English.
- 80% of women wear the wrong bra , as different manufacturers of the same size underwear may vary. In addition, the shape of the bra also affects the determination of size.
- When we read to ourselves or have a dialogue with our inner voice, our brain transmits to the tongue and vocal cords the same signals as in a normal conversation. In fact, this means that reading the thoughts of other people is not such a fiction, and someday in the future, humanity will be able to master this technology.
- The garbage that collects at the bottom of the pockets and consists of pieces of paper, dust and pile from the trousers themselves has its own name – gnurr .
- Lego is the largest tire manufacturer in the world. Almost every set of the designer assumes the presence of wheels, so the company annually produces them in an amount of more than 300 million pieces.
- In 2011, the 99-year-old Italian Antonio S. divorced after more than 60 years of marriage. The reason for breaking up with 96-year-old wife Rosa S. was treason, in which she admitted shortly before. True, Rosa Antonio changed in the 1940s.
- Twins may have different fathers . This happens in cases when 2 mature eggs are fertilized by sperm of different men.
- During the first 4 days of pregnancy, the human embryo has a growth of only 0.14 mm and by the time of birth grows more than 3,000 times.
- Men with a shaved head seem to us stronger and more courageous than their hairy peers.
- The purpose of Machu Picchu is still unknown.
- In the world there are about 6,000 species of ladybugs. Most of them are predators, and the larvae of some species are cannibals at all , eating their relatives, who are trying to hatch from an egg.
- At the 20th week of pregnancy, the number of eggs in the body of a female embryo is about 6 million. By the time they are born, no more than 2 million remain, and by the time they reach puberty, about 300-400 thousand remain, since these are the largest until puberty human cells die in the amount of 11 thousand per month.
- From the moment of birth to the time when he begins to accustom himself to the potty, the child will change about 8,000 diapers.
- Since 1980, the number of twins born in the world has increased by about 76% .
- The word “spaghetti” has a single number – “spaghetti”. And “confetti” has “confetto”.
- We really can feel someone’s gaze. This ability has been developed in people to protect against potential danger, since in nature a direct look is considered a sign of aggression. Studies have shown that for this option in our brain there are special cells that are activated only when someone looks at us.
Maybe there is some fact in your piggy bank that may surprise us?
Preview photo Depositphotos
- 18 Principles of Japanese Philosophy of Happiness Will Teach You to Appreciate Every Moment
- 14 Tricks Education From Swedish Will Help Grow Personality Traits
- 16 Evidence That Teaching Children is Still Hard Work
- 10 Easy Steps to Help You Become a Good Parent
- 9 Reasons Why Grandmothers Should Not Raise Your Children