It happens that filmmakers rely not on special effects or scripts, but on famous actors. Or, in general, they try to use more stars in one film. This approach pays off – the audience runs to watch a movie, which brought together Hollywood or other heavyweight artists.
A tense thriller with a famously twisted plot, unexpected twists and growing intrigue. In terms of film awards, this is the most successful film directed by Stephen Soderberg. It is likely that this was facilitated by the superstar cast.
- Cast: Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Benicio Del Toro, Don Cheadle, Erika Christensen.
- IMDb Rating – 7.6
The heartbreaking story of a real military operation. A group of comrades went to Africa to capture the brutal local general. To fulfill the mission, soldiers will have to show inhuman courage.
- Cast: Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Eric Bana, Sam Shepard, Jason Isaacs, Tom Hardy, Orlando Bloom.
- IMDb Rating – 7.7
You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
Romantic drama from the unrivaled Woody Allen. The director is famous not only for the scrupulous approach to filmmaking, but also for successful casting. For this picture, he gathered incredibly strong actors who managed to convey all the comic and tragic relationships within the same family.
- Cast: Anthony Hopkins, Naomi Watts, Antonio Banderas, Theo James, Frida Pinto.
- IMDb Rating – 6.3
A dramatic thriller about a cunning swindler who is good both in business and in love affairs. But he is not immune from mistakes, failures and … charming women. The main actors managed to perfectly convey the intrigue and passions between the characters. And no wonder, because they are all stars of category “A”.
- Cast: Richard Gere, Laetitia Casta, Susan Sarandon, Tim Roth.
- IMDb Rating – 6.6
Olympus Has Fallen
Another film about terrorists and the attempt on the head of state. The situation is almost stalemate, panic is brewing in the security services, and the fate of the guarantor of the Constitution is in the hands of a retired fighter. But what can go wrong when the old Hollywood guard takes over?
- Cast: Morgan Freeman, Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart.
- IMDb Rating – 6.5
- Cast: Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helena Bonham Carter, Eva Green, Johnny Lee Miller, Chloe Grace Moretz, Christopher Lee.
- IMDb Rating – 6.2
Third Person (2013)
- Cast: Liam Neeson, Olivia Wilde, Mila Kunis, Adrien Brody, James Franco, Kim Basinger.
- IMDb Rating – 6.3
August: Osage County (2014)
Family tragicomedy about 3 sisters who returned to their home because of the sudden disappearance of their father. To get to the bottom of the truth, they need to act together, but the sisters are too different. And they have more reasons for mutual hatred than for love. The complex characters of the heroines and the difficult range of their relationship with brilliance were conveyed by the distinguished Hollywood actresses.
- IMDb Rating – 7.2
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Them (2014)
The final part of the trilogy about a married couple from which the wife suddenly disappeared. In the first film, viewers saw the story from her point of view, in the second – from the point of view of her husband. In the third, the creators introduced new characters (“them”), who were entrusted to play eminent actors.
- Cast: James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Viola Davis, Bill Hader, Isabelle Huppert, William Hurt.
- IMDb Rating – 6.3
- Cast: Robert Pattinson, Juliette Binoche, Andre Benjamin, Mia Goth.
- IMDb Rating – 5.8
Jumanji: The Next Level
The continuation of the beloved story of a mysterious game that itself has fun with the players. The rules unexpectedly changed, and now the life of the main characters in general has been turned upside down. The sequel turned out to be even more dynamic, colorful and starry than the first part.
- Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Danny de Vito, Aquafina, Kevin Hart, Jack Black.
- IMDb Rating – 6.7
- Cast: Catherine Deneuve, Juliette Binoche, Ethan Hawke.
- IMDb Rating – 6.4
Finally, domestic cinema drew attention to the topic of virtual reality. Despite the fairly simple plot, the film was warmly received by both viewers and critics. And this definitely has the merit of invited Russian actors.
- Cast: Konstantin Khabensky, Ingeborg Dapkunaite, Nikita Yelenev, Ekaterina Ageeva, Alexandra Dishdishyan.
- IMDb Rating – 5.5
Do you pay attention to the cast when you choose what to see? Maybe you have favorites that you would like to see together in one movie? Tell who it is!
Preview photo of Third Person / Apulia Film Commission